Teffany+Armel+

Kadence Perez

Teffany Armel

Teffany Armel, English teacher

Q: What do you teach at PHS?

A: I teach ninth grade English.

Q: Where were you teaching before PHS?

A:  For my first seven years of teaching, I was an English professor at Marshall University, then I taught ninth and tenth grade English for two years at Roane County High School, and now I’m here (and I still adjunct for Marshall University in the Religious Studies Department).

Q: What brought you to PHS?

A: I am originally from Wood County and currently live here again, so I wanted to be close to home for work. Additionally, PHS is a historic institution; I respect that and want to be part of it.

Q: How long have you taught?

A: This is my tenth year of teaching.

Q: What are you excited about this year?

A:  Honestly, I’m pretty excited that my drive to work is only 20 minutes one way (instead of one and a half to two hours!).

Q: How would you describe your teaching style?

A: I love class discussions and hearing what students think and have to say about a good story, and how it relates to their own lives. Also, I’ll use any excuse I can to give students creative project assignments.

Q: What do you want your students to know about you?

A: I love cats, talking about world religions, and I want each and every one of my students to go to college.

Q: What inspired you to become a teacher?

A: This is complicated. I didn’t “choose” teaching as a career path originally. In college, I studied philosophy, world religions (Eastern, mostly), then English in graduate school. I started teaching English classes in grad school, loved it, and the rest is history. There’s nothing better than being in an environment of learning— corny but true. Personal growth is exciting.

The Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *